After a successful first year, the Halliday Barnbougle Cup is on again. Join us for an exciting weekend of wine and golf from 27-29 May 2022 at one of the country’s most well regarded golf clubs, Barnbougle. The Tasmanian location boasts two of Australia’s top ten courses, Lost Farm and The Dunes, situated in and around the dramatic dunes of Anderson Bay.
Renowned for its untouched wilderness, pristine coastline, cool-climate wines and fresh local produce, Tasmania represents the perfect location for a weekend of fine wine and golf – and a bit of healthy competition, of course.
Play on Barnbougle’s prestigious courses by day and dine on fresh, locally sourced produce by night. As an exclusive part of the Halliday Barnbougle Cup weekend, enjoy a food and wine masterclass with Halliday Wine Companion chief editor Tyson Stelzer – the dinner will take place perched atop a coastal dune in Barnbougle’s Lost Farm Restaurant, while we take you through four courses, paired with highly-rated wines.
There’s plenty on offer in idyllic coastal Tasmania for non-golfers, too. Plan a trip to one of the region’s award-winning cellar doors, sample a boutique spirit tasting, walk through the picturesque natural surrounds, or wind-down with a wellness treatment at the renowned Barnbougle Spa.
• Barnbougle check-in opens from 3:00pm
• Join us for welcome drinks and a gourmet BBQ, salmon and oyster bar from 6:00pm
• Barnbougle’s golf pro will introduce the tournament
Saturday, 28 May:
• Start the day with a full cooked breakfast and continental buffet from 6:30am
• Tee off at Lost Farm from 8:30am. For non-golfers there will be an option to participate in a day trip to local attractions, including a 5-Star Halliday-rated winery.
• Before dinner, take time to enjoy the beautiful surrounds of Barnbougle, play another round at Lost Farm or The Dunes, or enjoy a boutique whiskey tasting from Lark Distillery.
• Join us for drinks from 6:30pm, before settling in to enjoy an evening of great food and wine – including four courses complete with matched highly Halliday-rated wines and expert insights from Halliday Tasting Team member and chief editor Tyson Stelzer.
Sunday, 29 May:
• Fuel up for your second day on the course with breakfast from 7:00am (full cooked breakfast and continental buffet)
• Tee off at The Dunes from 8:00am. For non-golfers we suggest you book into Barnbougle's Spa 180.
• Join us for lunch and find out who’ll be crowned our Halliday Barnbougle Cup winner from 3pm
• The Halliday event will conclude at 4.15pm after trophy presentations, but make sure to extend your trip and enjoy more of what this beautiful state has to offer. Find out more about Tasmanian wine with our essential guide.
*Full itinerary to be provided prior to event.
• 2 x nights accommodation at Lost Farm Lodge
• 20 holes on Lost Farm
• 18 holes on The Dunes
• Casual dinner on Friday evening in the Sports Bar, including Halliday-rated wines
• Four-course dining experience at Lost Farm Restaurant expertly matched with highly rated Halliday wines
• Boutique spirit tasting on site
• Breakfast and lunch daily (Saturday and Sunday)
• Prizes for Halliday Barnbougle Cup winners
To secure your place, please book using the below packages.
If you would like to make a group booking or have any questions about the Halliday Barnbougle Cup, please email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 cancellation policy:
Should travel be impacted due to closure of borders please inform the Barnbougle team of your travel intentions as soon as possible. Should you need cancel your reservation at any time due to COVID-19, all cancellation fees will be waived. Be sure to check government travel advice and restrictions for your state before leaving home.